Thursday 4 June 2009

Real live clients

Only a couple of files sitting on my desk when I arrived this morning.  No clue about what to do with them though!  Spent a good while examining them (and recording the time under 'training' - now's the time to start time recording).  Worked out what they needed.  Later on got an email asking if I had received the instruction for what to do with them, which hadn't come in and would have saved me all that time!

Today's highlights involved real clients in the flesh - one interview at the office and one at the home of an injured elderly lady.  I went with one of the solicitors, who had permission to use a partner's car to get there.  He made a big fuss about getting his car out of the car park, and even offered to do it for the solicitor in case he scraped it.  I knew one of the partners has a new Jaguar, and from the fuss I imagined it would be something really fancy.  The car park was full of expensive metal and skipped straight passed the new Porsches and BMWs to... a Honda Civic.  Which turned out to be remarkably the most complicated car in the world ever - with more digital displays and buttons than the helm of the Starship Enterprise!  

As I mentioned, the time has come to time record work on all files, making sure I don't take too long on each (and too much of the fee, not that it comes to me!).

Tomorrow will make a whole week - I can't quite believe it, or how great it's been!  

No comments:

Post a Comment