Monday 29 June 2009

A case load

Have finally reached that stage... I have my own caseload. Now I'll need to juggle priorities, watch deadlines, keep track of my files, remember which client is which. It's slightly daunting. The powers that be have clearly decided that I'm up to the task. Yes, I now have my own files, my own case load. I can hold my head up high with the solicitors in the canteen, each with their caseloads of 100+ cases now that I have one too. Err... except that mine comprises 3 cases so far :)

Actually I'm rather pleased about it. It will give me a proper chance to work out exactly what it is you do with files. It's all very well looking at a statement and working out this was breached, liability sits there, or whatever. The less fun part is the important bit - dealing with the client, sending letters, working out how to make entries on the computer system, and combining that with other tasks (I still have my mountain of tasks to do, statements to take, that kind of thing). Plus I still get to do the fun bit of working out if there is a case there and intimating it to the other side... with the secret hope that I'll get to raise it in court. On the other hand, unless it takes 11 months from now to get that far, it won't be me in court doing the fun bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment