Wednesday 17 June 2009

Meeting an advocate

Quite an exciting day... got to behave exactly like a solicitor today. It was a consultation with a client, and I was there with the solicitor and an advocate. The advocate did all the talking, and just like a real solicitor, I got to sit there... and listen :) It was actually quite impressive, as the advocate was very clear and good to listen to (as you would hope!).

Am also slightly excited, as I seem to be progressing a case from the start. We'll see how it pans out. I did the initial statement from the client, and it has given me the chance to assess the legal merits of the case. Which might sound dull, but it was quite satisfying to work out that there was a sound basis to proceed. We'll see what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment