Tuesday 9 June 2009

First taste of trickiness

My mentor asked me to attend a useful consultation between him and a client this morning.  He was keen for me to come as it's quite a tricky case on liability.

10 minutes before it was due to start the partner dropped by my desk, handing me a file.  "I want you to do a detailed precognition of this client.  Take 2 mins to read the file, then call her immediately, as she's on her break now."  That was the tricky part - reading the file plus getting to grips with the relevant questions for this particular type of industrial accident.  Plus the client liked to chat... while Mr Mentor looked on impatiently, then gave up and headed on to the consultation.  

More trickiness later when my computer flagged up a new case for me to take on.  One of the urgent ones involving calling the client immediately.  Blimey, that would have been fairly in the deep end, had it not been a mistake.  It was meant to be assigned to someone else (obviously more experienced) with the same first name...  

Have a choice of things to do on Friday - 3 invitations to court.  Cool!  Which one to pick...

No comments:

Post a Comment