Wednesday 29 July 2009

Another week

Another week has zoomed by. I'm now managing my cases, and fitting these around the various tasks that are sent my way. My managing partner asked me how my workload is - shouldn't be twiddling my thumbs, but definitely shouldn't be pulling out my hair under an unmanageable weight!

My own case load is growing. I'm finding it much more useful progressing my files, as I have to know (or find out) all the various procedures / forms, assess whatever I need to know about liability and the losses or injuries suffered, and get the necessary evidence. Some of it is quite interesting - such as finding out in detail about industrial processes.

I've begun to notice how much some people despise their jobs. Some people have to put up with pain and discomfort, which they can't avoid. I've also had a few interesting dealings with witnesses. In one day I had both ends of a spectrum - a witness who was just not interested in revealing anything - it was like pulling teeth - to another witness who had been made redundant and hated his old employer. He was desperate to dish the dirt.

My Law Society ID card has finally arrived. Now I can waltz into court without being searched, and without having to queue with everybody else. Unfortunately the arrival has coincided with the inevitable decline in opportunities to actually use it! My workload is increasing, plus there's a new trainee starting on Monday, so we'll have to take turns in going to court.

No comments:

Post a Comment