Thursday 9 July 2009

Clients

Had my first disappointing client experience today. Having spoken to some witnesses, it looks like the client's take on what happened doesn't exactly match what happened in reality, and that the client is hardly the innocent party. I guess it's part of investigating any claim and finding out now saves lots of wasted expense and possibly very red face in court!

On the other hand, had a couple of comedy moments taking client statements today. One factory worker said that his colleague had said "Oh my goodness, I have cut off the tip of my finger!". When I asked him if that's exactly what he'd said, he admitted not exactly, it may have been in slightly stronger terms.

Another comedy quote was from a friendly girl who had witnessed an accident on the other side of the road. I asked her where it happened and she helpfully said "I was on the left, and the oncoming cars were to my right on the road". That settles that then!

No comments:

Post a Comment