Friday 7 August 2009

First summons

Better get used to saying "its been a busy week" - think thats how it's going to be from now on. It's not a bad thing if you manage it all properly, had considered a grimace when being given new tasks to dissuade people from giving me too much... but then again as a trainee I'm striving to be helpful and capable so will be grateful for everything I'm given!

Have had some very interesting things this week. Top of the list was drafting my first summons. This of course involved thinking about liability, injury and quantum, so had to spend some time valuing the claim and wondering if my assessment was realistic. Of course it doesn't matter what I put, the answers are always going to say "The sum sued for is excessive"! Hopefully there's enough of a case there that it doesn't get punted out on a rule 22 note (if thats the right one I'm thinking of).

It's now over 2 months since I started. I'm still overjoyed to say that the place is still as much fun as when I started. The atmosphere is still friendly and open. Results are undoubtedly expected, but they are achieved with a positive vibe rather than driven by fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment