Tuesday 5 October 2010

Court tomorrow

Tomorrow is the big day - my first appearance with a gown.

Over the last week there's been a few near appearances.  It looked like I was all set for an opposed incidental application later this week, so was preparing for it.  It looked like a good argument too, a great first outing.  And while I was preparing for that, one of my cases due to go to proof settled last minute.  Nearly had to deal with the incidental application on that one too - a similar argument - but both defenders changed their minds and decided not to oppose.

We always have a few summary actions calling.  Somebody else was due to deal with these, but after my near misses (and one of my colleagues saying I'd had a lucky escape) I was itching to actually get up and say something... so I asked if I could go along too and have a go.

So tomorrow morning it is.  Should be interesting.  It's only a few cases but the ones I've been given require some talking.  We'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment